Thank you for your interest in BAYCC Education Scholarship Program (BESP).
Who Can Apply?
An applicant must:
Be a college bound high school senior, or an ESL student, or a college/graduate student attending a United States accredited educational institution in Northern California*.
Be a permanent resident, or U.S. citizen, or an eligible non-citizen.
A cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in the U.S. for current college students.
An entering freshman graduating from high school with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in the U.S.
An international entering freshman accepted to an accredited college, graduate program, or an educational institution in the U.S.
Adherence to Hizmet Movement Principles:
BAYCC is an organization inspired by “Hizmet Movement” a faith based social movement focused on using community service to target the elimination of poverty, ignorance, and conflicts. A fundamental value of the Hizmet Movement is community service by devoting time and energy to supporting the community.
An applicant must demonstrate that he or she is an active volunteer of Hizmet Movement participating in extracurricular activities, including and not limited to mentoring younger students and organizing Hizmet Movement related events.
What to submit?
3. Most recent Official Transcript or acceptance letter to an accredited educational institution in the U.S.
4. Proof of identification (driver’s license, passport, or national ID card)
5. Two letters of recommendation confirming the student’s compliance with the eligibility requirements
6. An essay summarizing student’s opinions on BAYCC values as well as any personal information that would be helpful for the committee to make a decision for the eligibility of the student for a scholarship
7. Any official document and/or a personal letter demonstrating the need for a financial aid (tax return papers either from the family of the student or the student herself/himself)
How to apply?
Please download the Application. Fill out and sign the application and submit it with all the supporting documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
First Day of accepting application: 07/16/2020
Deadline to apply: 08/15/2020
Notification of results: 08/30/2020
BESP committee will review the application packages carefully and may ask for an oral interview with an applicant if the committee deem necessary. The results will be announced no later than August 30, 2019.
Still have any questions? Please email to email@example.com
*Northern California: San Francisco Bay Area (anchored by the cities of San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland), the Greater Sacramento area (anchored by the state capital Sacramento), and the Metropolitan Fresno area (anchored by the city of Fresno).